A tasty and easy vegetarian Ratatouille recipe, clean eating at its best. Vibrant with color and great for lunch the following day. The cooked tomatoes are a great source of lycopene which is an antioxidant associated with reducing rates of prostate cancer. Protein comes from the chickpeas and the cheese. Spice up the recipe further by adding additional chili flakes.
3 Cloves of garlic diced.
1 Large onion diced.
1 Medium zucchini diced.
3 Celery stalks diced.
1 Yellow Pepper diced
1/2 Medium egg plant diced (optional)
1 Large 796ml tin of diced tomatoes. (or 2 small cans)
1 Can of chickpeas drained and rinsed.
1 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
1-2 tsp each of organo and basil, salt and pepper to taste.
1/4 per person of cottage cheese (set aside)
1 desert spoon of parmesan cheese (set aside)
- Heat oil on a large pot – Medium Heat.
- Add onion and garlic cook until transparent.
- Add all other ingredients (except for cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese)
- Stir and simmer until carrots start to soften
- Spoon into bowls add parmesan and cottage cheese on top.