A fresh twist on chocolate yet fruity dessert; excellent source of energy as well as fiber, potassium and fiber. A tasty and healthy dessert to serve guests, the family or to a social event.
5 heaped Tbsp cocoa
juice of 1 orange
zest of 2 oranges
coconut for dusting
- Soak dates in very hot water for 15min
- Blend nuts in food processor or blender until bread crumb consistency
- With a fine grater- gather the zest of 2 oranges; juice one and set aside
- Drain dates and blend in food processor with cocoa powder, orange juice, orange zest
- Slowly add nuts while processor running until they have all been added.
- If the mixture is too dry, use a small amount of date water; if it is too wet, add coconut
- Roll mixture into teaspoon balls and roll into coconut; refrigerate for 1-2 hours