This makes an easy lunch or dinner. Full of vitamin C for an immune boost and tangy feta for a bit of kick. This meal is a little low on carbohydrates as is and can be tailored to your personal carbohydrate requirement by mixing in quinoa, rice, pearl barley or a slice or two of wholegrain toast .
Suggest preparing this straight into shallow serving bowls.
1-2 handfuls spinach for each bowl, roughly torn
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 -2 cloves garlic, minced
6-10 mushrooms, sliced
1 large yellow or orange pepper, diced
½ medium zucchini, thinly sliced (optional)
½ tomato per bowl, diced
small block feta- 1-2 Tbsp per bowl, crumbled
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Method ( sauteed veggies can serve 2-4 people)
- Spray a medium sized pan with oil, turn heat to medium high. Add onions, garlic, stirring occasionally until transluscent
- Add mushrooms, meanwhile place spinach in bowl and fill larger pot with water to boil.
- Once mushrooms have lost some moisture and reduced in size add remaining veggies. Sprinkle some worcheshire sauce to taste
- Place desired number of eggs in boiling water and boil until desired consistency; runny yolks are nice in the salad
- Evenly divide and place sautéed veggies on spinach, top with tomato and feta
- Place eggs in cold, icy water to cool quickly. Peel 2 for each bowl
- Salt and pepper, chillies to taste; Bon Apetit